Dining Desperado-The Good, The Bad and the YUMMY

Conquering the country one bite at a time. There are no foods I actually dislike, just foods I prefer. Bread, nuts, cheese, and dessert, are on the supremely awesome list.

Thursday, July 13, 2006

B&H extravaganza and MURRAY"S

I may have to adjust my list of favorite amusement parks in NY from Chinatown to B & H Photography. There are really no words to describe it. You have to see it to belive it. The store is jam packed with STUUUUUUFF. All kinds of stuff. Imagine trying to fit 5 best buys in one store (There's so much stuff you wonder if you aren't actually looking at wall paper of stuff) And then imagine this war zone for electronics run by about 50 crazy little hasidic jews! It's possibly the strangest thing I will ever see. They all wear yamakas...and they all try to run everything as efficiently as possible. Upon talking with a guy (with a yamaka) about a camera lens I decided to buy it. He then took my credit card to ring up my reciept....but not to pay he instructed me..."go to the cashier to pay". I would my way to the cashier and found no line, but found enough stachions (sp?) set up to control a pack of wildebeasts. I was promptly called by the cashier (with a yamaka) to come up with my card ready and my id. Even though I was the only person in line...besides my friend Claire. He turned to Claire "Now watch what she does so you can do it to". His commands were quick and authoritative; plus he stood on some sort of platform which allowed him to tower over us despite his genetics. I fumbled for the recent and I could feel his eyes burning with disapproval. No time for fumbling, only time for precision and money transactions. I think the whole checkout took about 20 seconds. I couldn't think of any reason for going that fast when no one else was in line except for pride, maybe he was trying to break his personal record or something.

Well on with the story, it's not quite over. He gave me yet another reciept and pointed me to another line. This time there were little station numbered 1-7 (?) like the highly coveted roller coaster slots you wait in right before you get on the ride. Well again, I was the only person in line but the guy wanted my receipt so much I thought he might jump over the bar and get rip it from me. He glanced at it and turned around and handed me a bag....could this really be my stuff? It all happened so fast. I noticed this little moving tram overhead...then I realized that was the source of much magic! They were putting stuff people ordered on there, those tricky tricky tricksies! I felt like I had just been hustled or that I should at least feel dizzy. But I looked in the bag and there was my lens! Holy S! I got to give it to them. They are pretty damn awesome. I wish I could have taken pictures of them..but I wasn't sure if that was some sort of taboo. The last thing I wanted to do was be on the blacklist. So in any case I salute you crazy B & H yamaka wearing kids. 0-60 in 2.3 seconds.




MURRAY'S!!! Seaseme with strawberry cream cheese! Holy Bagel, Where art thou tonight?

Here's Claire's Multi-Grain Bagel. It was still warm! We're not worthy!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Robyn said...

B&H sounds insane! What lens did you get?

8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home